Sony brought its iconic and #1 game show in the world, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, onto the mobile app, providing users with a chance to feel what it’s like to be in the hot seat.
They integrated the mobile app with Upshot.ai and started measuring CX.
• Provide the “WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE” hot seat experience on a digital platform
• Create a mobile app for users who want to participate in the experience
• Create a new revenue stream using the mobile app
The CX data from Upshot.ai revealed that:
• Users were losing the game even when they had not exhausted their lifelines
• Most of the users lost at the eighth round
Sony realized that for the app to succeed, users must continue to play for
longer, i.e., keep winning more game rounds.
The Upshot.ai customer success team suggested a two-part solution—
reminding users at the right time to use their lifelines, as well as simplifying
the eighth question.
Using Upshot.ai’s in-app messages, users who reached the eighth round in
the game was informed of their unused lifelines and was encouraged to
Also, the app owners at Sony simplified the eighth question. This led to
increase in users’ participation in paid games.
- No. of users who crossed the eighth question went up by 36%
- ARPU went up by 28%
UPSHOT.AI FEATURES LEVERAGED
1. Behavioural tracking using mobile App Analytics
2. ML-based data insights
3. Push notifications and In-App messages
About Upshot.ai :
Upshot.ai is an omnichannel, user engagement, and gamification platform that helps digital product owners and marketers improve their product adoption and conversions. Fortune 1000 companies such as GE, UHG, Puma, Sony, ITC, Tenet healthcare are using Upshot.ai and observed a massive increase in product adoption YoY increment in revenues.
Book a demo of the most comprehensive user engagement and gamification platform to achieve your digital product goals. Join our communities for more insights, guides, and best practices that keep you updated with proven strategies and tips to supercharge your campaigns.