Sony brought its iconic and #1 game show in the world Who Wants To Be A Millionaire onto a
mobile app, providing users a chance to feel what it’s like to be in the hot seat.
They integrated the mobile app with Upshot.ai and started measuring CX.
•Provide the “WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE”
hot seat experience on a digital platform
• Create a mobile app for users who want to participate in
• Create a new revenue stream using the mobile app
The CX data from Upshot.ai revealed that:
• Users were losing the game even when they had not exhausted their lifelines
• Most of the users lost at the eighth round
Sony realized that for the app to succeed users must continue to play for
longer i.e. keep winning more game rounds.
The Upshot.ai customer success team suggested a two-part solution—
reminding users at the right time to use their lifelines, as well as simplifying
the eighth question.
Using Upshot.ai’s in-app messages, users who reached the eighth round in
the game were informed of their unused lifelines and were encouraged to
Also the app owners at Sony simplified the eighth question. This led to
increase in users participation in paid games.
No. of users who crossed the eighth question went up by 36%
ARPU went up by 28%
UPSHOT.AI FEATURES LEVERAGED
• Behavioural tracking using mobile App
• ML based data insights
• Push notifications and In App