Updated on January, 2021
PurpleTalk, Inc., doing business as Upshot.ai, (“Company,” ”we,” “us,” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes:
- The types of personal information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.upshot.ai (our “Website”), and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that personal information.
This policy applies to personal information and content we collect:
- Based on use of the Website.
- In communications email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website via web forms or chat.
- In communications submitted to the Website using web forms and the social media/comment features on the Website.
- The Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries);
- Through mobile and desktop or other applications owned by the Company, including the Upshot.ai platform (the “Upshot.ai Service”); or
- Any third party , including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
2. Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the social media/comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at https://www.upshot.ai/contact-us/
3. Personal Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
By which you may be personally identified, such as name, company name, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted by us online or offline (“identifiers”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you;
- Comprising our communications with you; and/or
- About your browsing sessions using the Website (Internet activity information), including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a user’s interaction with the Website and/or
- Geolocation information (based on IP address).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners assist us in maintaining and managing the Website.
The subsections below provide additional detail about these categories of information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
- The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website..
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Search terms that you may have used in a search engine to access our Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
When we manage our Site, we may use Google Analytics, which is a service of Google LLC. Google Analytics allows websites to gather information about their users. For a list of data elements collected by Google Analytics, see the list here.
We also may use technologies such as Google Analytics, Upshot.ai,etc, to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
This kind of personal information helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity)..
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
5. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- As described above, to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
- In your communications with us, to fulfill the purposes for which you provided it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- If you have submitted a job application, to consider you for applicable job openings.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
If you have provided us contact information on the Website to communicate with us, we may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any subpoena, administrative or judicial process, government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. It also includes disclosing personal information to maintain the security of the Website, to resolve disputes, or to investigate possible misconduct.
7. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
8. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law, there is a provision under law that permits us to retain the personal information for the legitimate interests of the Company or a third party, or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Website Terms and Conditions https://www.upshot.ai/terms-of-use.
9. Data Controller and Data Processor; Data Protection Officer
With regard to personal information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Website, we process that personal information as “personal data” in the Company’s role as a “controller,” as such terms are defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Upshot.ai has a Data Protection Officer (as defined in the GDPR) who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. Our Data Protection Officer can be reached as follows:
Attn: Rama Krishna Sreepada
C/o. PurpleTalk, Inc.
[1920 McKinney Ave Floor 7 Dallas, TX 75201, United States]
All data collected by Upshot.ai through the Website will be stored exclusively in secure hosting facilities provided by Amazon Web Services. Upshot.ai has a data processing agreement in place with its provider, ensuring compliance with the GDPR. All hosting is performed in accordance with industry-standard security controls.
10. Data Security
We have implemented reasonable administrative (organizational), physical, and technical safeguards intended to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure, and other processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although our security program is intended to protect the security of your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
12. Contact Information
Attn: Rama Krishna Sreepada
C/o. PurpleTalk, Inc.
[1920 McKinney Ave Floor 7 Dallas, TX 75201, United States]
If you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you may submit a complaint to our Data Protection Officer on email@example.com. Our Data Protection Officer and compliance team will evaluate your complaint and may request additional information. Providing sufficient information to understand the facts and circumstances of a complaint are important and necessary to resolve complaints.