Onboarding is the process of guiding new users to understand and experience how your product will help them achieve their goals. Then how to effectively onboard insurance users?
It’s about proving to them that your app is the solution to the problem that motivated them to find you in the first place.
To onboard insurance users, is a journey that sets the tone for the ongoing relationship with the customer and agents. Getting this right increases an insurance company’s chance of increasing the customer and agent lifetime value.
Why Should Insurance Apps Prioritize Effective Onboarding Experience?
Every app should care about onboarding. A typical mobile app loses 77% of its daily active users within the first three days after installation. It’s essential to show your customer that your app is of great value immediately. It costs 25x more to acquire a new customer than it does to retain an existing one. Especially for insurance firms, seamless onboarding is critical. The onboarding isn’t just to show customers your features but also to create an “aha” moment. Here are some challenges that can arise if your onboarding is ineffective.
- Poor customer experience
- Delayed gratification on customer requests
- Inconvenience in collecting customer information
- Ineffective communication with customers
- High policy issuance time
To overcome such challenges, here are essential elements to provide a perfect onboarding experience-
Essential Elements to Onboard insurance users:
- Sign up: This is the first touchpoint for your customer and quickly set the tone for the rest of their onboarding experience. Don’t ask for a lot of information upfront. Let your get into the flow quickly and easily.
- Welcome email: This is the first time you show up in their inbox. Share a creative introduction onboarding email to engage and excite them about your insurance products and services.
- Product tutorial videos: Interactive and engaging videos get people excited to get started. The apps with the perfect onboarding experience provide users with an element of fun in the discovery process without hindering the experience. Leverage game mechanics to make onboarding fun while engaging them rather than just telling them what to do.
- Follow the ‘one screen, one notion’ rule: People can absorb information easily if that message is precise and focused. App onboarding screens should condense information by using a single screen to describe a concept. This will avoid overloading the user with multiple pieces of information.
- In-app messaging: In-app messaging is a powerful way to engage and onboard users when using your app to provide support or guidance in context.
- Documentations or FAQs: Frequently asked questions or help documents allow users to seek critical information in case of a need.
- Seamless onboarding across channels: Your app’s onboarding process must be seamless for the user, even if it happens across multiple channels.
- Follow-up calls: It is crucial to follow up with your insurance customers if he/she has understood the insurance product or service accurately.
Above all, it is vital to humanize your app. It’s easy to list down all the ways your insurance app simplifies various processes. It’s harder to explain how these features enhance your customer’s life. From the images, videos you use in your walkthrough, in-app messaging, or onboarding email, you should make it more relatable to humanize your app so you can build relationships with customers more effectively.
The onboarding experience needs to be given more attention if insurance firms want to increase overall customer retention. Acquisition and downloads are crucial. However, true success is measured by high retention rates because they show that customers find continuous value using your product. Following the best practices mentioned above will help you create a highly effective and superior onboarding process that will drive customer engagement and retention and enhance overall business growth. At Upshot.ai we help our insurance clients to provide a seamless onboarding experience, improve product adoption, customer engagement, and retention. We have helped fastest-growing companies such as Kotak life insurance, SBI life insurance, ICICI insure and many more achieve great success. Book a demo today to know how we can help your insurance apps grow 2x within 3 months.
Upshot.ai is an omnichannel, user engagement, and gamification platform that helps digital product owners and marketers improve their product adoption and conversions. Fortune 1000 companies such as GE, UHG, Puma, Sony, ITC, Tenet healthcare are using Upshot.ai and observed a massive increase in product adoption YoY increment in revenues.
Book a demo of the most comprehensive user engagement and gamification platform to achieve your digital product goals. Join our communities for more insights, guides, and best practices that keep you updated with proven strategies and tips to supercharge your campaigns.