In today’s digital world, ‘customer engagement’ has achieved a very prominent spot. We can instantly relate customer engagement to Amazon for providing a unique and hassle-free experience to customers, and the services they provide are considered a benchmark to assess any form of customer engagement.
Customer expectations are gradually changing, and they expect ‘Amazon experience’ in all their transactions, whether buying a car, planning a holiday, or getting insurance. How was Amazon able to achieve this?
Amazon leveraged digital technologies like personalization, analytics, machine learning, and more to maximize customer engagement. In this blog, we will discuss how you can create an amazon experience in the insurance industry and become a leader.
The changing curve of insurance customer engagement
Insurance customer engagement had been equivalent to prompt policy claims, but now the thought process of both customers and insurers has changed, leading to innovative customer engagement. Engaged customers view insurers as more of a trusted partner than a product or service provider. Insurers operating with a customer engagement mindset consider the long-term relationship and try to find new ways of reaching and interacting with existing and prospective customers.
Today, customer’s behavior has evolved with instant gratification. There is a clear expectation of simple, personalized, and readily available products or services, using handheld devices 24 hours a day. Access to insurance products, therefore, cannot be any different. Today’s challenge is to provide an improved customer experience, ensuring high customer satisfaction through digital channels with faster processing to engage and retain customers in the long term.
Let’s dive deep into how you can win customers with evolving customer engagement and become an industry leader-
- Access to digital customer interaction: Insurers can equip agents with the digital infrastructure needed to offer advice through online channels, including video chat and personalized instant messaging. This improves ease for the customer while maintaining the human component. When agents are provided with digitized processes and tools for their day-to-day business, their productivity and performance go up, leading to overall business growth.
- Redesign customer interactions: Digitalization has completely revamped customer communication. Enhanced communication through various channels has led to improved customer experience. A smooth and personalized engagement ensures customer loyalty. Provide an opportunity to customers to connect through their preferred channels and make informed purchase decisions.
- Provide stellar onboarding experience: The key to lasting customer relationships is the effectiveness of the first step. Customers expect a smooth, quick sign-up process and ease of use when onboarding. Share tutorials to help customers understand the value of the product instantly. Send a welcome message via e-mail and In-app messages as soon as onboarding is initiated.
Also read: How to onboard insurance users effectively.
4. Understanding customers better: Digital technologies act as enablers to make data-led analytics understand customers better. Customers today expect ease of interaction; empowering customers with an easy and intuitive experience goes a long way in creating value. Garner deep insights into customer behavior and provide customized products and services that meet customers’ needs and preferences at the right time using an ML-driven analytics platform.
5. Gamify experience: Gamification has already helped insurers improve customer engagement and employee productivity. Today, using a well-designed gamification strategy can boost sales performance, level of customer engagement, and retention. Using game mechanics such as points, leaderboards, badges, virtual coins, etc., can significantly impact overall business performance. Amway, the world’s largest direct selling company, leveraged Upshot.ai gamification platform to increase the adoption of its digital learning platform, leading to course completion by the salesperson. Using badges as game mechanics, they experienced a massive increase of 112% in the number of users completing courses.
6. Collect customer feedback: To establish a successful relationship between insurers and customers, companies must focus on meeting consumer feedback during each phase of the customer journey. Collect customer feedback via in-app surveys, NPS requests and gain insights into customers’ points of view. Tweak your strategy based on feedback.
The insurance sector has evolved substantially over the past decade. The need for the hour is to build and sustain a systematic approach that chalks out an effective customer engagement strategy from potential customers when evaluating insurance offerings to the point where a customer reaches out for support customer experience and engagement matters. Throughout the customer journey, insurers should adapt to customers’ changing needs to provide the best engagement experience. Insurance firms that move forward swiftly and decisively with innovation at the heart of their strategies will have a competitive advantage. We at Upshot.ai help insurance companies deliver personalized customer experience across the customer journey.
Upshot.ai is an omnichannel, user engagement, and gamification platform that helps digital product owners and marketers improve their product adoption and conversions. Fortune 1000 companies such as Amway, GE, UHG, Puma, Sony, ITC, Tenet healthcare are using upshot.ai and observed a massive increase in product adoption YoY increment in revenues.
Book a demo of the most comprehensive user engagement and gamification platform to achieve your digital product goals. Join our communities for more insights, guides, and best practices that keep you updated with proven strategies and tips to supercharge your campaigns.