The term gamification has come a long way since 2003 when it had a mere presence. And as we all can see, years later, gamification is everywhere.
Gamification has a variety of titles, ranging from behavioral design to engagement-focused experience. It is the practice of applying game design features and ideas to non-game situations. In other words, it is a set of actions and procedures that use or utilize the features of game elements to solve problems. Gamification has become a strategic management tool rather than a simple solution of game-based design characteristics.
2019 brought about significant developments all around the world. Because of Covid-19, the abrupt and global change of events and gatherings was one of them. In-person started happening over shared screens, and the conversation’s focus shifted. Everyone had to adjust, which provided a significant challenge, particularly for businesses that rely on sales and events. As the event planners faced the extra task of replicating the excitement and relationships that come with attending an in-person conference, businesses have turned to gamification to help them stand out in virtual events.
Gamification is an important part of most mobile apps, intranets, learning management systems, and e-learning platforms. However, businesses have a difficult time updating them frequently. Mobile applications make information more accessible and convenient to use. We all know games are intriguing, and the users get thrilled to complete a challenge.
Thus, gamification helps in keeping the user entertained and motivated to reach that milestone.
Gamification for Driving conversions in 2022
Gamification is useful for any business team that needs the motivation to get more done. Leveraging game elements for business solutions encourage employees to contribute, enhance the quality of participation, boost productivity, and develop leaderboards to rank people based on their involvement and expertise.
- Productivity Enhancement: Gamification motivates employees and provides valuable feedback to improve their performance. Gamified solutions can highlight the KPIs, achievements, numbers in a positive way to encourage employees to do productive work.
- Performance Review & Employee Recognition: Recognizing employees’ effort by awarding badges, points, and other forms of recognition instills a sense of achievement and motivate them to work better.
- Sales: Sales often run on a natural sense of competition for its best deals and strategies. Gamification can help them to focus on crucial enablement tasks, promoting overall revenue generation.
- Marketing and Customer Engagement: Various marketing initiatives such as offering discounts and incentives may work in short-term customer retention, but it might not work long-term. Gamification can help marketers increase customer lifetime value, retention, and engagement across the customer lifecycle.
- Efficiency Enhancement: Grammarly is one of the best examples to leverage gamification to encourage users to write more efficiently. Gamification makes employees work better by improving their core job.
Upshot.ai Gamification Design Framework:
Gamification is a design that focuses most emphasis on human motivation in the process. It drives all the fun and engaging elements found in games and applies them to real-world situations. In its essence, it is “Human-focused design” that optimizes human motivation.
At Upshot.ai, we follow the following 6-step design framework-
- Define business objectives– The first step is to analyze what purpose we are trying to accomplish. The business objective is the gamified system’s ultimate goal, For example, an increase in customer engagement.
- Delineate target behaviors– Here, we define the user behavior which you want users to accomplish. It can be specific behavior or success metrics that tell you if the gamified system is a win or not, for example, a 300% increase in completion, of course, a 40% increase in daily active users.
- Describe your users– Understanding who will be using the product, analyzing user behavior, their preference, and how the system can respond to the different kinds of users demographics, age group, location, income level, psychographics, etc., and what motivates them.
- Devise activity strategy: The user acts to accomplish particular goals such as collecting badges, completing the course, etc. Achieving these actions becomes a strong motivator. Motivation leads to action; action leads to feedback, which in turn leads to motivation. Understanding the user actions, we devise the perfect engagement strategy.
- Don’t forget the fun: The gamifies system should be fun for users. We find ways to make your product more engaging, involving more surprises, choices, and delights associated with fun.
- Deploy the right tools: We leverage gamified elements and structures with different options and techniques to choose the right game element. We prefer those that seem best and most appropriate for your product’s success. We repeat the iterative process and tests to improve your product’s gamified sustainability that works best for users.
The Upshot.ai Advantage:
Upshot.ai is an omnichannel, user engagement, and gamification platform that helps digital product owners and marketers improve their product adoption and conversions. Fortune 1000 companies such as GE, UHG, Puma, Sony, ITC, Tenet healthcare are using Upshot.ai and observed a massive increase in product adoption YoY increment in revenues.
Book a demo of the most comprehensive user engagement and gamification platform to achieve your digital product goals. Join our communities for more insights, guides, and best practices that keep you updated with proven strategies and tips to supercharge your campaigns.Follow @upshot_ai